Tuesday, October 16, 2012

6.68 Miles, 998 ft

 Drat!! If I had only gone 2 more feet up the hill!!  No matter, it was a beautiful morning, full of beautiful nature!

So...I'm guessing it's deer season, then?? I'm seeing tons of deer on every run.

This is becoming my "trail oasis", I love and look forward to this one year round creek crossing!


I also love being out in the wilderness on the Mt and seeing Save Mt Diablo's efforts in the most random places! They do such an amazing job of taking care of the Mt's needs, filling in bald spots, restoring trails, creeks, and ponds and then stocking them w/species native to that particular spot on the Mt....seeing evidence of their hard work makes me smile!

Evidently the pig saw the trap and it scared the poop out of him!

I've heard there is no bbq at bbq terrace, so I stayed to the left.


If you're going to climb, this is the way to do it...surrounded by such prettiness!!

Took me a sec to remember why I took this one...but then I remembered....you can see a white line..that's Northgate Rd....going up the side of Burma's hill.  The trail goes up the left side to the top (and keeps going , but who would??)

I reached my time limit and had to turn around.  I actually went over time and have 45 minutes to get back to the car to pick up Myles.....good thing it's all downhill! (I made it in 36 minutes)



This guy ate up some of my 45 minutes...he was just so stunning and had the most gorgeous eyes....huge, brown, stuffed animal looking eyes!  I had him lit beautifully in a ray of sun and was poised to take the picture and got attacked by a bee and jumped all over screaming...so he ran a bit into the shade, but still such a neat picture! You can totally tell he's wondering what the crazy lady is doing : )

After the bee, an octopus attacked my head.

See the turkeys heading up the trail on the hill? Turkeys are such chickens!! They saw me and ran to the top of the hill, I actually took a video of it.....natural trail runners, those turkeys! They could have just flown, but no...they'd rather run uphill on short stubby legs.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - love all the deer shots (not so much the bee thing though - and I will keep my eyes open for octopi).

    I accused Mr. Brazen of artificially keeping the Rocky Ridge Half elevation just under 4000 feet for marketing reasons (it's listed as 3989 feet). If you could find two more feet, he should be able to find 11 more.

    Hopefully we will see you at Rocky Ridge, but that's a little unlikely unless you get there absurdly early or are ridiculously patient. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete