Friday, October 19, 2012

Good Ol' Rocky Ridge

Oh boy will this have you singing all weekend!! Took me right back to my childhood when bluegrass music was all the rage in my neck o the woods, and this song...er, I mean the original was a favorite on the bluegrass scene. Allen of NotTHATLucas sent over this little gem last week and I've been itching to post it (so I could listen to it over and over and pause it on my picture : ).  No, really it's just good and is a compilation of his pictures over the past few years of running Brazen's Rocky Ridge race. And, yes, that is him pic'n n grin'n.

Thank you for making this, Allen! We love it!!

5 comments:

  1. A young co-worker listened and said it was nice, but he had no idea what original song it was based on. I was stunned.

    I'll be at Rocky Ridge with my walker and wearing my "HEY KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!" t-shirt.

    (I actually started to put this together last year but ran out of time, which was OK since this year I had more pictures to choose from! And your picture got to make the cut!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad it had a delayed release!
      Have a great run tomorrow!!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my very favorite posts. What a wonderful friend you have Beth. (and D, too) Moo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to all and have a wonderful race tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mom! I thought you'de get a kick out of it!

      Delete