Thursday, October 4, 2012

Little Pines to Burma (shudder)


  Well, my plans w/The Beast fell through as she woke up w/3 ribs out...I found this out after driving over to Mt Wanda to meet her : ( No worries, I just turned around and headed out my favorite trail to do some exploring....

My friend came out to say Hi again! He's so handsome!


I had to take a picture today of this curvy, down - up spot, I love running it!! Its steeper than this shows, and is banked, and just fun! I cant wait until the creek that runs across the bottom is running.

I've passed this single track a few times now, I almost took it Tuesday, but was not brave enough. After studying some maps this week, I decided the worst that could happen is I get to the top and don't know where I am and then get to turn around and run back down it! I also knew it was a good day to attempt it because I had a days rest on my legs and this was a steep little trail : )

That's what I just crawled up out of.

I was not lost at the top, actually I was right where I wanted to be, but due to my hour later than planned start, Burma (that awesome trial up the hill) would have to wait for another day.

Shutter didn't open all the way...anyhow, from here I looped back down to Stage road (which is not a road, but a trail) and ran back out the valley floor.

I really hated being this close and not being able to tackle Burma...this trail is legendary for its steepness and I've wanted to find a way to it from Castle Rock and not Mitchell Canyon (where you have to pay to park) for the past few weeks.  At least now I know how to get to it for free....it'll have to wait for another day.
I've been mapping my runs with RunningAHEAD.com so that I can see my elevation charts. Today was 1123 ft of climbing.  I'm hitting around 3000 ft a week, which makes me no TK, but is a good base for me.  That steep spot is the single track that cut up to the top, it was only about .25 of a mile (?) but it was nice and steep!! Another great morning!! I'll post more pics from today here.

No comments:

Post a Comment