Friday, October 26, 2012

Hitting the Wall never felt so good!!

Wall Point Rd, that is.  Holy (insert a bunch o words I can't say...outloud anyway).

What a beast!!!  I'll do a proper post later, but wow. Just wow.  This mornings run left me feeling like anything I might possibly have as a goal.....I can totally do! Sounds dumb, right?? But it's nice every now and then to just go for it and see how far or high (elevation wise) you can get. Today was one of those rare, cloud nine, top o the world runs.

I had intended to run the second loop on Brazen's Diablo 13.1 course...out Stage, up Wall, and loop back down BBQ Terrace. I've run the first loop - up Sunset and around to Stage- a few times, but wanted to get the second loop under my belt before next weekend just to see if I have it in me. I had 2:30 to get it done, which meant I had to be heading back towards the car after 1:30. I've found I'm pretty reliable in that heading out of Castle Rock in any direction (they are all up hill) ....if I head out for 1:30, it will take me 1:00 to get back to the car. On the nose. Every time.  I pushed my 1:30 a few minutes longer, wanting to just get to the highest point on Wall....I turned around when I was sure it was heading down towards bbq terrace and Northgate Rd.  I could see the trail down there and decided that on race day it would present no problems, looked like a nice, runnable trail.....but running back down Wall would be much more fun!! Fun it was!!

10.45 miles, 2543 feet o climbing. 5 minutes standing at the highest point on Wall Point Rd taking it in, and getting hyped to turn around and run down it. Not realizing how stinking close I was to Rock City...I could have spit to my right and hit it.....had no clue it was there....mainly because I had no clue how far I had gone. (Got Garmin? Nope.) Running rocky, rut infested, steep but runnable downhill, that feeling when your legs are feeling so good running flats because they just ran up and down a Mt and running flat feels effortless....Priceless stuff!! Bombing miles of downhill w/no pains...anywhere?? (feeling like a dork trying to imitate Tim Long's form : ) Good stuff my friends! Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment