Thursday, September 15, 2011

This week.....

Three runs, and three solid workouts!
I am feeling back in a routine, and its great!
I've been flying through my workouts pretty easily, yet my body has been so sore the day after. It's been a good reminder of how fleeting fitness is if you let up at all. 'Use it or lose it' turns out to be a true statement!
Today is the last day of real activity before Saturday. My legs have been a bit sore and tight all week, so I am just doing upper body and abs tomorrow. Today's workout is done (got up at 5), so I just have an easy 5 miler this morning, and that's it for the legs till Saturday.
I am prepping for this half as if it were a full, including the toe prep. (I heard you say "ew!", mom)
My nails (the ones I have left) are nice and short and look like steel. There will be a lot of friction and pressure on the toes with all the downhill. I am actually not as worried about the uphill as I am the down. Uphill is a matter of gutting it out and getting it done. Downhill takes more finesse and self control....or is that just controlled falling??.....anyway, it will be an interesting day for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment