Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Trusting My Trail "Pricklies"

You know, trail pricklies......when you're running and you get that feeling....either that somethings around the corner, or you're about to get charged by a cow, or that you're being watched....that tingly somethings not right vibe that you get.

Macklemore was "Poppin Tags" in my ear when the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I knew I was being watched.  It took me a second, but I spotted the bad guy -








Well, I must have been putting on a really good show because eventually he just sat down and settled in to watch me.
I sort of love that I knew he (or something) was there before I saw anything.  Reassures me that I am not letting my guard down and getting too comfortable after all the hours/miles I spend out here.  Of course....half a mile after this I stepped on a lizard that was right in front of my face....so there you go. The reality is I'm sure on every run there's a wide variety of wild life I put on an entertaining show for and never even know they are there.
Anyhow, it's always a treat to see one of these guys out there, never gets old!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - very cool! I always wonder about what sort to wildlife I miss as I trudge along looking down at the trail to try and avoid tripping.

    And I'm glad he didn't see you as one big puppy treat!

    ReplyDelete